The following information is intended for new Sales Representatives and serves as a list of best practices when completing an Order in VanillaSoft. This document’s primary focus is on entering customer information properly. It does mention some of our products and services. These products and services change frequently, so be sure to ask the appropriate person if you have the most current documentation.
Before moving forward and starting the order contract, make sure that all the proper information is entered into the lead in VS.
- The Customer’s name is spelled correctly
- The address is correct and has proper abbreviations needed (See below)
- A phone change request has been submitted in the event the customer wants a different number on their ad
- Email has been verified as working and also verified that it is the right email for the customer
- A 2nd email is entered into Alternate Email section
- Customer’s website has been verified (If applicable)
- Any important notes for ad design or other specifications made by customer are entered into the agent notes section
- Make sure the Actual Price section is filled in with the appropriate dollar amount of the sale
Upon making sure all information is updated and present in Vanilla Soft, proceed to the order form. As you will see, the walk through prompts are simple and easy to follow but there are some key points to make sure are entered
- Right ad type is chosen (Still or Action)
- Proper bundle is selected with reach and demographics adjusted accordingly
- If an upgrade is upsold, the proper quantity is entered and if a coupon code is required, it also has been added
- Proper verification of all customer info so it corresponds with Vanilla Soft updates made upon sale
- Make sure proper Bird Dog is credited for the sale if applicable
GEO-FENCING REMINDER – CHEAT SHEET
BEFORE you get the customer over to FINANCE DEPARTMENT
Verify the following information: (Correct Spelling?)
- First Name: ____________ Last Name:_______________
- Business Name: ______________________________________
*Official Business Name for the AD?
- Business Address? Is this used for mailing as well? If no, please ask them what it is!
- City, State, Zip – Do not spell out the STATE: Texas = TX
- EMAIL address: Super Important! Verify EMAIL address
- Website: Do you have an updated website or Facebook?
*So our art department can pull Logos, Graphics, etc…
- Phone Number: Ask what is the best # you want to be reached at?
- Just to confirm, we’re going to do a____ ___ Month subscription at $________ a month
- How WILL you be taking care of the payment? Visa? or Mastercard?
- PERFECT! Give me a second to get you on a secure line with my FINANCE Department so they can confirm everything with you! This will only take a minute and I’ll be on the line with you.
FINANCE DEPARTMENT = CONF–7–Dial-CONF
Spell out or correct any commonly used abbreviations that appear in the customer’s company name. You may run into examples that do not appear here; if you don’t know the spelling or proper format, ask the customer how they would like their company information to appear on their ad and/or web
|ASSOC, Assoc, ASSC, Assc||Association|
|Comp, CO||Company, Co|
|CTR, Ctr, ctr||Center|
|Llc, LLc, Plc,PLc, Pllc||LLC, PLC, PLLC|
|Svc, SVC, svc||Service, Services|
|Elec, ELEC||Electric, Electrical, Electrician, Electricians|
|Htg, HTG, htg||Heating|
|INC, inc ||Incorporated, Inc|
|Smith Htg & Elec Comp llc||Smith Heating & Electric Company LLC|
|Tony’s Const Svc Comp||Tony’s Construction Services Company|
Please use proper case when completing an order. This includes not only the company name and agent notes, but also the street address, mailing address, email address, web address, etc. Please DO NOT use UPPERCASE. Emailing information that is typed in all caps can be considered “yelling” by our customers or may be construed as unprofessional. Internally, proper case allows us to more efficiently setup new accounts, create custom ads, and ship products to our customers because we don’t have to correct improper case. If you don’t know the spelling or proper format, ask the customer how they would like their company information to appear on their ad and/or web listing.
If a customer’s information appears as:
- JOHN SMITH, ABC PLUMB & HVAC, 210 MAIN ST,
PHOENIX, AZ, 85207
- Sara JOHNSON, Dickey’S
Please correct it to:
- John Smith, ABC Plumbing & HVAC, 210 Main
St, Phoenix, AZ, 85207
- Sara Johnson, Dickey’s BBQ
If the email and website address appear as:
Please correct it to:
Please DO NOT use ALL CAPS on agent notes. For example:
- CUSTOM CREATE AD USING WEBSITE – BROWARD & PALM
BEACH COUNTIES – VETERAN APPROVED BUSINESS LOGO – PLATINUM WEB LISTING &
MOBILE APP INCLUDED
Instead, please use proper case.
- Custom create ad using website – Broward &
Palm Beach counties – Veteran approved business logo – Platinum web listing
& mobile app included