Health & Wellness Training
How can Health & Wellness use Geo-Fencing?
People want (and deserve) to be taken care of by trustworthy and caring medical professionals. Using Geo-Fencing we can help healthcare professionals target weight loss centers (local or national), military bases (if applicable), hospitals, VA hospitals and more to let the community know they are there. (Look at our targeting groups available and explain the benefits to them.)
Physicians and Counselors
- What type of demographics do you typically work with? Perfect! We are looking for a supportive doctor/counselor who is comfortable working with the community and will provide them with the quality of care they deserve. With Geo-Fencing we can promote your business to the right demographic. (Look at our targeting groups available and explain the benefits to them.)
- We want to find supportive counselors who are not only experienced but appreciate the troubles and life experiences veterans and anyone else have encountered. With Geo-Fencing, we can help them reach more veterans and the rest of the community. (Look at our targeting groups available and explain the benefits to them.)
- With Geo-Fencing, we can bridge the gap between someone who may need health insurance and the company that offers it. By using our special targeting groups, we can target specific demographics and promote all they have to offer.
- There are many people out there who want to stay fit or want to start working toward a healthier lifestyle. We are looking for a supportive, judgement free health club to promote to the community where they can feel welcomed. With Geo-Fencing, we can help you reach the right demographic like weight loss centers (local or national), juice bars (i.e. Jamba Juice), vitamin stores, healthy grocers (i.e. Sprouts, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods), area veteran clubs, area military base (if applicable), sporting good stores by using Geo-Fencing.
- Many people want to keep or get in shape, and join clubs or studios that will encourage them and be supportive. With Geo-Fencing we can help you reach specific demographics such as military bases (if applicable), juice bars (i.e. Jamba Juice), or people just looking to live a healthier lifestyle (Look at our targeting groups available and explain the benefits to them.)
- (Yoga Studio) Besides the typical clientele, many yoga studios work with clients who may be recovering from surgery or other injuries. Ask the owner/manager if they work with clients in this rehabilitative manner, because we can target VA hospitals, where many veterans may need rehabilitation after surgery. Some physicians recommend some light yoga coupled with physical therapy, and we are looking for a compassionate yoga studio to support the recovery of those who need it. We can help yoga studios reach more of the people they are looking to connect with using our Geo-Fencing. (Look at our targeting groups available and explain the benefits to them.)
- Many folks struggle with devastating injuries, and we are looking for a quality, compassionate therapist to support them in their time of need. With Geo-Fencing, we can promote their services to the right demographics. (Look at our targeting groups available and explain the benefits to them.)
- Many people require periodic medical supplies, like catheters, insulin syringes, and oxygen. We can target VA Hospitals and other health facilities to get the medical equipment company’s information out in front of the people most likely to need them. With Geo-Fencing we can help them help reach more or our the right demographic using Geo-Fencing. (Look at our targeting groups available and explain the benefits to them.)
- Folks that need hearing aids/prosthetics want the the best quality out there but at a low cost. If these businesses offer any type of discount, we can promote that on their ad and market their business to the right demographics using Geo-Fencing and our special targeting groups.
Health & Wellness: Medical Professionals, Medical Centers, and Dentists
Physicians and surgeons help to keep people – from infants to the elderly – as healthy as possible. These individuals provide diagnoses and treatments for a wide variety of ailments, and preventative care and early detection for more serious illnesses. A person’s primary physician is there to listen to their health concerns, take preventative measures against diseases and advise patients on their options for staying in tip-top shape.
As an agent, it is important to know the difference between a number of different types of physicians so that you can be better versed when talking to doctors or doctors’ offices. With Geo-Fencing, we can target specific demographics, such as VA Hospitals and Clinics, to help promote these businesses and the services they offer.
Success Tip: Don’t be surprised if when you call a doctor’s office they are busy. You are likely to spend a majority of your time talking to a nurse, medical assistant, or other office worker. It is likely the doctor has delegated a number of the basic office duties and decisions to his or her office manager or head nurse, so you may never have an opportunity to speak to the doctor, but you may still be able to make the sale.
Some Different Types of Physicians
Patients can choose from a wide variety of physicians depending on doctor specialty and what problems they are experiencing. It is a good idea to have a basic knowledge of the different types so that you can alter your rebuttals and make stronger connections with the potential client. Here are a few of the most common types of physicians that you may encounter on the phone:
A general practitioner (GP) is the doctor that a person goes to for regular checkups, vaccines and to identify health issues. GPs can treat many different illnesses and injuries, from the common cold to a broken arm. If a patient’s health requires a second opinion or expert care, the GP will refer them to a specialist who has the skills to focus in on the issue.
Other than a GP, the dentist is likely the most common doctor people see. These professionals work with the mouth, ensuring that a person’s teeth and gum health are up to par. Patients typically go to the dentist twice a year.
Dermatologists are focused on skin-related issues and diseases, from skin cancers, to acute acne, eczema, psoriasis, and general cosmetic concerns like aging and scars. Most will also perform annual or semi-annual mole checks to screen for any signs of melanoma, the most serious form of skin cancer.
If a person has a number of sinus infections or have had their tonsils taken out, they’ve likely seen an ENT specialist. ENTs handle ailments related to the ear, nose and throat.
For many women, their gynecologist and obstetrician are the same person. These professionals work with the female reproductive system to focus on reproductive health, fertility issues, prenatal care, options for new and expectant mothers, neonatal care and childbirth. OB/GYNs can also help in the early detection of breast or cervical cancer.
Cardiologists review and assess a patient’s health within the context of the heart and cardiovascular system (heart, arteries, lungs, etc.). There are invasive cardiologists who perform surgeries, including the insertions of pacemakers and defibrillators, and angioplasties. Non-invasive cardiologists generally monitor a patient’s cardiovascular system by external means.
There are many other physician specialties, such as neurology, podiatry, pediatrics, geriatrics, etc., and as a sales agent, you will want to modify your sales pitch to focus on a doctor’s specialty.
Look at Your Insurance
Before a person gets down to the details, they need to verify which doctors are covered by their insurance and whether the doctors are in or out of their carrier’s network. Rates may be cheaper if the doctor is in network – a doctor can be covered by insurance but not necessarily in network. Out of network is typically more expensive. Doctors often add and drop plans, so it’s important to ensure that personal options are compatible with an insurance plan. When talking to these businesses ask what type of insurance they accept to build value and eventually put that on their ad.
Offices, Clinics and Hospitals
Many medical practitioners provide services from a private office. Most general practitioners have private practices, even when they are part of a larger network, and many specialty doctors have private practices as well.
Most patients feel more comfortable visiting a doctor’s office over a clinic or hospital because they are generally more welcoming and warm. Over time, a doctor and the other office staff generally get to know the patient fairly well, and this helps the patient feel more relaxed and open to talk about their problems.
Success Tip: Most of the medical professionals you call will be in private practice. They may have their own office or they may share with a number of other doctors. If there is a team of doctors, use that as a sales point: we can create a customized advertisement for all the doctors who have teamed up to show their support for their community and with Geo-Fencing, we can promote any type of services they offer to the right demographics.
Clinics are generally public patient care centers. Most will have a number of different doctors, nurses, or physician’s assistants. Most people think clinics are for the poor or those on welfare, and while there are a number of clinics where this is true, there a number of high end clinics.
It should be mentioned that a clinic is not the same as an emergency room or urgent care facility. While some clinics do offer services in emergency situations, that is not their primary function. Moreover, in an emergency situation, no medical professional will deny service (they can lose their license if they do). They may not have the full capabilities to provide service, but they can begin the triage process and make necessary arrangements. With Geo-Fencing, we can promote any type of service they offer to the right demographics.
Going to urgent care (aka “immediate care,” “walk-in care,” or “convenient care”) instead of an ER saves time and money — a great deal of it. Ninety percent of urgent care centers have a waiting time of 30 minutes or less to see a health care provider versus several hours in an overcrowded ER. Nearly half of all visits to urgent care centers cost less than $150 — compared with $1,354 in an ER.
Don’t confuse urgent care with “retail clinics” found in stores such as CVS and Wal-Mart or in strip malls. Staffed by nurse practitioners, these clinics can’t offer urgent care’s breadth of services or treat serious illnesses. With Geo-Fencing, we can promote any type of service they offer to the right demographics.
Hospitals (Sometimes called medical centers)
Hospitals are large medical care centers which provide a wide variety of services ranging from rehabilitation to emergency surgery. In addition to their inpatient hospital services, medical centers can offer a wide variety of outpatient services, such as pain clinics, rehabilitation centers, surgery, imaging and laboratory, mental health treatment, and outpatient cancer treatment. Medical groups – doctors in private practice but affiliated with the medical center–will also have offices within the medical center. With Geo-Fencing, we can promote any type of services they offer to the right demographics.
The human mouth is a complex biological system, and no two individuals have the same oral care needs. Here are some of the more common dentists people seek out to improve their oral health:
These dentists generally serve as the primary provider of dental care. If a patient needs their teeth cleaned, crowns and bridges placed or any number of cosmetic procedures, a general dentist is the person to seek and with Geo-Fencing, we can promote that to the right demographics using our special targeting groups. Read about the different types of dentists that way you have an idea of what questions to ask to build value.
Proper oral care starts as a child, and that’s why pediatric dentists are so important. These dentists treat people under the age of 13, though there are exceptions based on a child’s unique dental background. Pediatric dentists face unique challenges, because they must treat newly teething babies and children losing their primary teeth. With Geo-Fencing, we can promote any type of service they offer to the right demographics.
Dental Public Health Clinics
These clinics are available in most cities across the U.S., and they’re meant to offer affordable health care to many low-income families and individuals. Though it differs depending on the specific clinic, the average clinic offers only the most essential oral care services, including X-rays, teeth cleaning, basic root canals and repairs, and tooth extractions. The fees an individual pays depend on a number of different factors, and most clinics have a sliding-fee that is determined equally by income and family size. With Geo-Fencing, we can promote any type of service they offer to the right demographic.
Success Tip: Remember that dental care is an important part of a person’s health. As a sales point, you can bring up the fact that some folks purchase their own insurance. Many will even pay for their own dental expenses. We want to help connect the community with quality and reliable dentists.
People want (and deserve) to be taken care of by trustworthy and caring medical professionals. As a sales agent, focus on the support side as well as how Geo-Fencing can help promote their business to the right demographics.
Health & Wellness: Mental Health
Mental Health Treatment centers are safe, life-changing places that create successful foundations for recovery. The best programs are staffed with amazing, compassionate professionals dedicated to an individual’s growth and recovery. Professional counselors and psychiatrists offer a wide range of services ranging from child psychology to industrial psychology. There are also therapists, counselors and mental health workers that deal with substance abuse, PTSD, clinical depression, schizophrenia, autism and other issues people deal with. Using Geo-Fencing we can target specific demographics to let people who are in need know that these businesses care about them and their mental health.
A Few Psychiatric Services Typically Offered By Mental Health Professionals:
- General Counseling
- Cognitive Therapy
- Play Therapy (children)
- Motivational Therapy
- Visual Therapy
- Behavioral Therapy
- Ecological Therapy
- Constructive Therapy
- Feminist Therapy
- Multicultural Therapy
- BASIC Therapy
- Cognitive Restructuring
- Decision-Making Therapy
- Personal Adjustments
- Conflict Resolution
- Inpatient Clinics – involve the patient staying at the clinic for a period of time. Inpatient programs can last anywhere from 48 hours to six months. Many hospitals have inpatient mental health services, but the largest market is in the private sector. In the last decade a large number of private inpatient mental health facilities have sprung up in response to three major areas: Substance abuse, clinical depression, and PTSD. The typical cost of a privatized inpatient program is roughly $6,500 for 4 weeks.
- Outpatient Clinics – Allow an individual to get some help in a clinical (yet often still comfortable setting) and leave after their session is over. Many state insurance programs will pay for outpatient treatment. Most HMOs will also have their own outpatient treatment programs or have contracts with a privatized outpatient clinic. Outpatient programs give people the freedom to get the help they need without disrupting their normal daily life.
- Places of Worship – They offer closed setting sessions that range from A.A. to N.A. and help people who are struggling with addiction/mental health.
- Local Non-Profit Organizations – Have outpatient and inpatient programs for those without the financial means to pay for their mental health needs, but since these services are in such high demand, there is generally a long waiting list to get in. However, most of these non-profit or public institutions will make exceptions in emergency situations. Build value by asking if they take accept patients in emergency situations so we can promote that on their ad and target the right demographic.
- Private Practice Professional – They deal with less acute problems like minor depression, marriage counseling, and children. The reason they tend to work with less critical patients is that there is generally no security if something goes wrong.
However, there are a number of private-practice mental health workers who do focus on some fairly problematic areas. For example, there are psychiatrists who work with people suffering from PTSD, individuals with schizophrenia, or children with severe cases of autism. These professionals are typically highly trained and have a lot of experience working with their clientele. By asking if they work with individuals suffering from the mentioned above, it builds value and gets them talking about what they do.
Success Tip: If you are in the position of speaking to a mental health facility or counselor, keep in mind that many individuals have lived through experiences that few people cannot ever imagine and this has a profound effect on their psychology, and often their behavior. They deserve the support and care they need to become healthy individuals.
Because substance abuse has become such a large issue in the United States and due to the profound effects it has on the population and their families, special attention will be paid to the issue. As an agent, this will make you more informed and give you the ability to provide good questions and rebuttals to potential customers.
What do Substance Abuse Counselors Do?
- Create Treatment Plans
- Provide Crisis Intervention
- Offer Family Counseling
- Establish an Aftercare Regimen
- Encourage Self-Reliance
When talking to substance abuse counselors, ask if they specialize in any of these.
Success Tip: We want to find supportive counselors who appreciate the troubles and life experiences they have encountered.
PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Unfortunately, despite the alarming number of people who suffer from PTSD, some never seek help. Perhaps the biggest reason for this is the perceived stigma associated with seeking help from a professional, but cost is also an issue for some.
So far two of the most prominent treatments for PTSD are counseling and medication. However, there is current research into gene therapy, electronic stimulation, and even molecular targeting and destruction of the neurons involved in the traumatic memories.
All that being said, when talking to professionals working in the mental health industry, Geo-Fencing can promote their services to the right demographics by using our special targeting groups. Build value by asking questions you have a general idea of what their answer is because of all the information you just read.
Success Tip: When someone in need sees that they are being catered to, they are more likely to open up and seek help. Our primary job is to find local businesses that support these individuals. When we find a company that truly wants to care for those in need, we are signing up an asset. Remember that. Yes, it is a sale, but it is also a chance to help someone get the help they need.
Health & Wellness: Health Insurance
Physical health is an enormous area of investment in oneself. Health expenses are on the rise, but current government changes are going to place limits on drug and procedure prices. However, as a whole, healthcare is expensive. This is why most people purchase health insurance or receive health benefits from the government.
Life expectancy is going up. It is expected that it will be normal for individuals born in 2030 to live more than 100 years. This means the population will grow, and the need for healthcare will rise with it. (Use this as a rebuttal)
Without insurance, most medical procedures could bankrupt a typical family. With Geo-Fencing, we can help bridge the gap between the insurance company and the folks who need it.
To help pay for medical expenses, many people rely on their health insurance. With the passing of the Affordable Care Act, almost every American is required to enroll in a health care plan. Health insurance works similarly to other forms of insurance, although it is probably used to cover expenses more often, since car accidents and home damage are relatively rare compared to doctor visits and the need for medicine. Health insurance also operates on a premium-deductible model, and policyholders can choose what level of coverage works best for their lifestyle. For example, if you visit doctors very infrequently, you may consider a plan with a low premium and a higher deductible. On the other hand, people who require regular medical care may wish to pay a higher premium in exchange for more coverage from their deductible. Dental and vision care are sold as separate plans and are not required by law.
The Affordable Healthcare Act (As of April 2018)
It is likely this program will go through a number of drastic changes over the next few years, so we will only discuss the major provisions here.
Beginning January 1, 2014 insurers were no longer able to reject people or charge higher rates because of preexisting conditions; the premiums charged to older people are capped and most plans will not be able to impose annual or lifetime limits on coverage. In order to offset the cost, the insurance companies raise the prices of younger and healthier people to make premiums balance out. Essentially, the healthy people are paying for the insurance of the unhealthy.
Major Medical: This is the simplest type of medical insurance, but it also has the most number of options ranging from very simple to fancy. Major medical policies allow anyone covered under the policy to use any doctor or hospital they want. Major medical may or may not cover prescription costs.
There is almost always a deductible with a major medical policy. With major medical, deductibles may be imposed per incident and/or each year. Most policies will also have an out-of-pocket limit, which is the maximum amount the policy holder will need to pay themselves. For example, a certain policy may have an out-of-pocket limit of $20,000, so once the holder has paid $20,000 everything else is covered by the insurance.
Most policies have a lifetime limit that will be paid toward medical expenses of any one person on the policy (usually about a million dollars).
HMO/PPO: These policies provide full coverage, but they limit which doctors and hospitals you may use. They are corporations, much like any other insurance company but ask if they offer this that way we can target the right demographics using our special targeting groups.
- An HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) will have its own clinics and doctors and will have a contract with certain hospitals to provide those services. You have to go to those clinics and hospitals, except in immediately life-threatening emergencies. HMOs do not have deductibles, rather they make the policy holder pay a co-pay for a doctor’s visit (usually $10-$20) and all other costs are covered. Prescriptions usually cost an amount similar to the co-pay.
- PPOs (Preferred Provider Organizations) are very similar to HMOs except that they do not have their own clinics. Instead, they have a list of doctors of all kinds signed up and people under the policy must go to someone from the list. The co-pays and other details are basically the same as an HMO.
If an insured gets hurt and cannot work, sometimes having medical expenses covered isn’t enough. Short-term disability will help a policy holder pay normal bills for a period up to six months. Typically, a short-term disability policy will pay out 80% to 100% of normal monthly income. When talking to insurance companies, ask if they cover short-term disability so we can use Geo-Fencing to promote that on their ad and target the right demographics using our special targeting groups.
Long-term disability kicks in once the short-term disability runs out. If necessary, long-term disability can pay out for a lifetime, but will usually only pay around two-thirds of normal income. A long-term policy will often pay to retrain a person for a new profession that could be performed with the disability. Once new employment is found, payments ceases.
Success Tip: If you come into contact with any insurance companies that specifically deal with health insurance, your best bet is to focus on the fact that most people purchase their own health insurance and prefer to work with an insurer who supports them. With Geo-Fencing, we can promote their business to the right demographic in the community using out special targeting groups.
Health & Wellness: Medical Equipment, Prosthetics and Hearing Aids
Medical Equipment Suppliers
As a sales agent working with healthcare leads, it is likely you will come across some companies that deal primarily in medical equipment and other medical supplies. There are two types of medical equipment companies: Industrial and Residential. With Geo-Fencing, we are able to promote their business and target demographics like homeowners with a senior in the household, senior centers, hospitals, VA hospitals, rehabilitation services, doctors offices, military bases (if applicable) and many more.
Industrial medical equipment companies primarily sell supplies and equipment to doctors’ offices, clinics, urgent care facilities, home care facilities, and hospitals. For the most part, they sell to people or entities in the medical trade. In some cases they will sell items like hospital beds to residential customers who are cared for in their homes.
Residential medical equipment companies provide the necessary tools to help care for a loved one or client in a residential setting. They will also provide supplies for individuals who suffer from acute diseases like diabetes, and supplies for incontinence like catheters and ostomy products.
Residential medical equipment companies are also the primary source for wheelchairs and scooters for individuals unable to walk on their own. This is a large market throughout the world, and accounts for nearly 15% of the money spent on residential medical equipment in the United States. There are many medical equipment companies who specialize in mobility products that work with residential customers and clinics or urgent care centers. With Geo-Fencing, we can promote these businesses and their services using our special targeting groups.
Each year in the United States, an estimated 158,000 persons undergo amputation, with the overall number of amputations being performed increasing. Although limb loss can cause severe disturbance in locomotion and functional abilities, prosthetic rehabilitation has the potential to restore function and increase quality of life and is associated with a greater likelihood of returning to employment and a full life. Despite these potential benefits, a substantial number of persons with amputations do not use a prosthesis.
Rates of prosthesis use vary from 27 to 56 percent for upper-limb amputation (ULA) and from 49 to 95 percent for lower-limb amputation (LLA). Reasons an amputee may not use a prosthesis range from finances to self conciencousness.
Over the past few decades, technology has greatly improved in the design of prosthetics of all kinds, and the technology continues to get better. Comfort and functionality have become one in the design and development of newer prosthetics. New lower limb prosthetics called “blades”, have even allowed single and double-amputees to run marathons.
As the industry continues to advance, new systems that allow a prosthetic limb to interface with a wearer’s neurological system are becoming more and more common. Over the next decade, it will become normal for an amputee to have a prosthetic that responds in conjunction with their brain waves and even provides tactile feedback. If a business like this already has that type of technology, with Geo-Fencing, we can help promote that on the ad and target the right demographic using our special targeting groups.
The price ranges below are average process for prosthetic devices. You will see that there are up to three prices for each type. The first is for a low-end or basic prosthetic. The second is for a high-end prosthetic. The third (if available) is for an advanced device. Advanced devices are those with neural-connection capabilities.
- Partial hand/Wrist: $500-$1200-$4,000
- Forearm (below elbow): $1,200-$5,000-$38,000
- Complete arm (below shoulder): $2,500-$8,000-$45,000
- Foot (above ankle): $1,500-$3,800-$10,500
- Lower leg (below knee): $2,000-$6,500-$31,000
- Complete leg (below middle of thigh): $3,500-$8,500-$38,000
Persons with amputations will normally be referred to a prosthetic manufacturer by their general surgeon or their doctor. However, the referral is not a mandate to use the recommended manufacturer. As long as the patient stays within certain guidelines, they will often be able to make their own prosthetic manufacturer choices.
Hearing loss can cause problems at home, at work, and with friends. In children, hearing loss can cause problems in school and with friends. Medicine or surgery can fix some types of hearing problems. For example, a child may have problems hearing when she has an ear infection or something is stuck in the ear canal. The hearing loss will go away when the infection clears. For other types of hearing loss, a hearing aid may help.
An audiologist can find the best type of hearing aid for a person experiencing hearing loss. Some people may need only one hearing aid, or they may have hearing loss in both ears, requiring two hearing aids. The audiologist will make sure a patient gets the right hearing aid to meet their needs. They will also teach the user how to use it and take care of it. They will also answer questions about hearing loss and hearing aids.
Most insurance companies will require an individual to see their doctor before seeing an audiologist. Medicare, in fact, is one insurer that requires a prerequisite doctor visit.
What is a hearing aid?
A hearing aid is a small electronic device that amplifies incoming sound and transmits the amplified sound through the ear canal onto a user’s ear drum. Hearing aids come in different sizes and designs. Some make sounds louder than others. Some are easier to handle. Some have different features that you can use to make your hearing better.
Here are some things that all hearing aids have in common:
- A microphone to pick up sound
- A way to make sounds louder, called an amplifier
- A receiver that sends the louder sounds to your ear
- An on/off switch and batteries
- Some hearing aids also have ear molds. These fit into your outer ear. They help direct sounds into your ear and improve sound
Hearing Assistive Technology Systems (HATS)
HATS are basically hearing aids on steroids. They are primarily used for situations where sound is coming from a distance or the user is planning on being in a large room or noisy room. For example, a person would likely use a HATS system when at a restaurant or movie theater. HATS systems are also preferable for use when talking on the phone because there is less electronic interference. When talking to businesses that have hearing aids, ask if they use HATS so we can put that in their ad and target demographics using Geo-Fencing and our special targeting groups.
Success Tip: When talking to a hearing aid company, keep in mind that they are both a retailer and service provider. People need a source they can trust for their hearing loss needs. With Geo-Fencing, we can promote their business and all they have to offer to the right demographics using our special targeting groups.
Health & Wellness: Health Clubs and Physical Therapy
Health Clubs Health clubs (gyms) provide people with an atmosphere where they can exercise and maintain their health. There are many different types of health clubs, but the primary goal is to help clients regain, maintain, or increase their overall mental and physical health. Some of the larger clubs will provide a number of different fitness routines like cycling, aerobics, weight lifting, cross-training, yoga, and much more. Many will also have healthy juice bars and sell body care products. Most of the larger gyms are either corporate owned and/or franchise. Ask what all they offer as a gym because with Geo-Fencing, we can promote their business to demographics like weight loss centers (local or national), juice bars (i.e. Jamba Juice), vitamin stores, sporting good stores, and more. Success Tip: Most of the larger corporate health clubs have national advertising campaigns handled by their marketing department. Some, however, are also given a stipend to pay for local marketing. Make the effort to make the sale and talk to them about how Geo-Fencing can benefit them. Smaller clubs tend to focus on one or two fitness types like boxing or yoga for example. As an agent, you will want to focus on the idea of Geo-Fencing because we can promote their business to the local community by using our special targeting groups. Monthly memberships to health clubs range anywhere from $19 a month to $200 per month for a high-end club, but the average remains around $30. Some clubs allow for pay-per-visit programs, but these are generally not cost effective for the consumer, unless they only plan to visit once a month. With Geo-Fencing, we can help promote any type of discounts on their ad and target the right demographics using our special targeting groups. Mixed-Format/Interval Training classes Boxing gyms, mixed martial arts gyms, small gyms, along with similar places do specific types of workouts. These workouts are popular because they’re not boring and they don’t waste a single minute. Whether it’s interval training, or one-minute bursts, or athlete-conditioning class, mixed format classes are super-popular with Type A personalities and anyone serious about fitness. When talking to these types of businesses, let them know that with Geo-Fencing, we can promote everything they offer to specific demographics among their community using our special targeting groups. Dance Aerobics/Cardio Dance fitness and studios are full body workouts that are attended by all age groups. When talking to these businesses, let them know we can promote their classes to the community and target the right demographics using our special targeting groups.
Yoga StudiosYoga is a traditional fitness practice that focuses on the practitioner’s breathing and balance. Yoga has been popular for many years, and continues to excite new enthusiasts. Over the past few years new yoga fads have become trendy in larger cities, particularly among all age groups. Examples of these newer yoga types include hot yoga, where the temperature is kept high to build up a sweat, and goat yoga, where people do yoga and have goats crawl all over them. When talking to these businesses, ask if they offer other types of yoga because with Geo-Fencing, we can promote all they have to offer to the right demographics using our special targeting groups. Success Tip: One key to remember as a sales agent is that many doctors will suggest yoga as a rehabilitation technique after the initial recovery stages of a surgery involving the upper or lower back, shoulders, elbows, knees, or neck. Physical Therapy Physical therapy involves the rehabilitation of the body after an injury, surgery, or long illness. Therapeutic exercise and functional training are the cornerstones of physical therapy treatment. Physical therapists may use other techniques such as electrotherapy, ultrasound (high-frequency waves that produce heat), hot packs, and ice in addition to other treatments. Physical therapists can also help to prevent the loss of mobility by developing fitness and wellness-oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles. Ask facilities that do physical therapy if they use any of the techniques mentioned above. With Geo-Fencing, we can promote their services to the right demographics using our special targeting groups. Some Physical Therapy Settings
Although many physical therapists practice in hospitals, more than 80% practice in other settings.
Acute Care – In this setting, physical therapy is provided to individuals who are admitted to a hospital for short-term patient care for reasons such as illness, surgery, accident, or recovery from a trauma. The goal in this setting is to discharge the person as soon as he or she is medically stable and has a safe place to go.
Sub-Acute Rehabilitation – In this setting, physical therapy is provided to individuals who are admitted to a special hospital that provides medical and/or rehabilitation care. The rehabilitation is less intense (typically less than 3 hours per day).
Extended Care Facility /Nursing Home/Skilled Nursing Facility – In this setting, physical therapy is provided to individuals who are admitted to a facility that typically cares for elderly patients and provides long-term nursing care, rehabilitation, and other services.
Outpatient Clinic (also known as a Private Practice) – In this common physical therapy setting, individuals visit a physical therapist in a clinic, office, or other health care facility primarily to address musculoskeletal (orthopedic) and neuromuscular injuries or impairments.
Home Health – In this setting, physical therapy is provided in the patient’s place of residence. While the majority of patientsare senior citizens, there also are pediatric patients with developmental disabilities and other conditions, and individuals of all ages who need rehabilitation because of injury or other causes.With Geo-Fencing, we can target specific demographics using our special targeting groups to promote their services.
Some Types of Conditions Treated by Physical Therapists
- Cardiopulmonary Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Cystic Fibrosis (CF)
- Hand Therapy (Carpal Tunnel, Trigger finger)
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Developmental Delays
- Cerebral Palsy
- Sports Injuries
- Tennis Elbow
- Women’s Health/Pelvic Floor
All states require physical therapists to be licensed. Ask these types of businesses if they have any licensed physical therapists that deal with any of the conditions listed above.
More than 204,000 physical therapists are licensed in the United States today. The median salary for a physical therapist is $87,000. Salaries vary based on position, years of experience, degree of education, geographic location, and practice setting. By letting these physical therapists know about Geo-Fencing and getting their business out to the right demographics, it can potentially bring more business and more income.
Health & Wellness: Killer One-LinersPhysicians and Counselors
- What kind of demographics do you work with? Perfect! Many folks want to find a professional who will be supportive of their needs and we want to help make sure they know about you.
- (If VA or Medicaid approved) We can create a custom ad that promotes you work with your community by targeting specific demographics using our special targeting groups.
- Many people have lived through experiences that some of us cannot imagine. They deserve to be taken care of by a supportive and caring provider, and we hope that is you.
- Did you know that most people buy their own insurance so why not use Geo-Fencing to market your business to the right demographic using our special targeting groups?
- Doesn’t it make smart business sense to market yourself to demographics like weight loss centers, juice bars (i.e. jamba juice), vitamin stores, sporting good stores, in your city, a certain zip code or within a 5 mile radius of the location of your choice?
- Many people like to stay fit and healthy or get to that point. We are looking for a supportive health club to promote that will ensure potential clients feel welcomed and motivated in a judgement free place.
- Do you offer a veteran, first responder or any other type of discount?
- IF YES… Perfect! We can help you promote that on the ad and target specific demographics like weight loss centers, juice bars, vitamin stores etc.
- IF NO… Offering certain demographics a discount is always a great business decision, because it has a huge positive impact on your public profile as a company, and we offer a great promotional pathway to get the message out to your community.
- (Yoga Studio) Do you work with clients who may be recovering from surgery or other injuries? Some of their physicians recommend light yoga coupled with physical therapy, and we are looking for a compassionate yoga studio to support their recovery.
- (Yoga Studio) Do you offer hot yoga or goat yoga? With Geo-Fencing, we can promote that on the ad to the right demographic using our special targeting groups.
- What type of physical therapy do you offer? Perfect! We can put that on the ad and use our special targeting groups to target the right demographics.
- What demographic do you usually work with? Perfect! We can use our special targeting groups to target them and promote your services.
- Besides clients going to you for their needs, are you able to go to them? Perfect! We can put that on the ad and use our special targeting groups to target the right demographics.
- Many people suffer from devastating injuries and we are looking for a qualified, compassionate therapist to support them in their time of need.
- Do you offer a veteran, first responder or any other type of discount?
- IF YES… Perect! We can help promote that on the ad and target the right demographics by using our special targeting groups.
- IF NO… Offering the right demographics a discount is always a great business decision, because it has a huge positive impact on your public profile as a company, and we offer a great promotional pathway to get the message out to your community.
- Many of our elderly community require periodic medical supplies, like catheters, insulin syringes, and oxygen. We are looking for a quality medical equipment company to promote and we are hoping to get your support for this project.
- How advanced are your hearing aids/prosthetics? Perect! We can help promote that on the ad and target the right demographics by using our special targeting groups.
- What types of insurance do you work with? Perect! We can help promote that on the ad and target the right demographics by using our special targeting groups.
- How many options do you have for your hearing aids/prosthetics? Perect! We can help promote that on the ad and target the right demographics by using our special targeting groups.