The Order Guidelines are intended for new Sales Representatives (or to retrain existing Sales Representatives) and serves as a list of best practices when completing an Order. The document’s primary focus is on entering customer information properly.
Spell out or correct any commonly used abbreviations that appear in the customer’s company name.
If you don’t know the spelling or proper format, ask the customer how they would like their company information to appear on their ad and/or web listing. Some companies have a specific format they prefer their name to be in.
|ASSOC, Assoc, ASSC, Assc||Association|
|Comp, CO||Company, Co|
|CTR, Ctr, ctr||Center|
|Llc, LLc, Plc, PLc, Pllc||LLC, PLC, PLLC|
|Svc, SVC, svc||Service, Services|
|INC, inc||Incorporated, Inc|
Please use proper case when completing an order. This includes not only the company name and agent notes, but also the street address, mailing address, email address, web address, etc.
Please DO NOT use UPPERCASE. Emailing information that is typed in all caps can be considered “yelling” by our customers or may be construed as unprofessional. Internally, proper case allows us to more efficiently setup new accounts, create custom ads, and ship products to our customers because we don’t have to correct improper case.
If you don’t know the spelling or proper format, ask the customer how they would like their company information to appear on their ad and/or web listing.
- If a customer’s information appears as
- JOHN SMITH, ABC PLUMB & HVAC, 210 MAIN ST, PHOENIX, AZ, 85207
- Sara JOHNSON, Dickey’S BBQ
- Please correct it to:
- John Smith, ABC Plumbing & HVAC, 210 Main St, Phoenix, AZ, 85207
- Sara Johnson, Dickey’s BBQ
Please double check that you have the following information before clicking the send button on your email.
- Is the company name spelled EXACTLY as the customer would like it to appear online and/or on their ad?
- Is there a First and Last Name? Should this appear online and/or on their ad?
- Which email, web address, social network address should appear online and/or on their ad?
- Do I have the Full Physical and/or Mailing Address? Which should appear online and/or on their ad?
- What Phone Number(s) does the customer want online and/or on their ad?
- TV Code(s): are there DEAD locations?
- Have I selected ALL the appropriate Product(s) Sold?
- Ordering more than one ad? What information do they want to appear online and/or on their additional ad?
- Do I have the correct Ad Time and Duration?
- Is the Pricing accurate?
- Have I selected the correct certificate(s)?
- Are my Agent Notes clear, concise, and customer friendly? These will appear on the Order Confirmation email.
What happens when I’m done with the sale?
After you send the email confirmation of the sale to the customer, a notification is sent to the contracts department. This is why it is incredibly important that you correctly have all the information for the client.
The contract department will enter all of the customer’s information into our client file and enter their order information. They verify your TV codes to make sure that the posts selected are still in service and make any necessary changes if they aren’t. They will verify that packages are being sold for the correct prices, so make sure you aren’t underselling packages without prior approval.
The contracts department will also set everything up so that the art department has all the information they need to create the advertisements for the customers.
The Art Department
In general, the customer’s listing on the website is created within 48 hours. At this time, the listing will display their business contact information and a digital image of their certificate. If the customer’s package included a custom advertisement, the contract will go to the art department for the next stage of work.
The art department deals with the creation of the advertisement for the customer. They will contact the customer to make arrangements to have graphics sent to us, get approvals for completed advertisements, and on occasion make deals with customers to speed up payments.
Art representatives will create advertisements using input from the customer, or in some cases when the customer is unable to be reached or doesn’t respond to our attempts at contact, they will create an advertisement based on past experience so that it will fit the needs of the particular client. It is important to let your customers know they should work with our art department to ensure they are involved in the final product.
Once the art department has completed their work, the advertisement will be posted to the internet, and if the customer’s package calls for it, it will be sent to the select post(s) to be shown on the TVs.
Not all clients pay the full balance of their invoice up front, so the contract is also sent to the collections department. Here, our customer service representatives make attempts to contact customers in order to collect the money owed on their invoice. This is usually based on the interval set during the verification process. For example, if a customer agreed to pay their invoice in four payments starting in 30 days, the customer service representative will begin making calls 30 days after the sale is made to collect the first payment, and every 30 days after that for the remaining 3 payments.
What You Can and Can’t Say During a Call:
- Verify customer’s info: Phone number, address mailing & business, and email – This makes you sound PROFESSIONAL!
- 6 months is XXX but what most folks do is 12 months for XXXX
- I’m not asking to come down today to pick up a check
- I’m not going to send the Marines down to pick up a check!
- Hi Verifier, Tom is going to be making a payment today (Yippi!! You get a $5 bonus)
What you CAN’T say AND will cost you 50 points:
- We don’t want you to pay today.
- Hi Verifier, Tom is going to be making a Partial payment today
- Don’t worry about paying, we’ll push out payments for 30 days plus!
- We don’t take any credit card information over the phone.
- I will invoice you & you can put it on your normal billing cycle
- We CANNOT fully customize ANY Certificate to display whatever a customer wants! A certificate displays the business name or personal name they desire and who they support and that is it.
What you CANT say AND will cost you THE SALE (that would really suck!):
- “WE HAVE AN 87%-90% RENEWAL RATE”…OR WHATEVER NUMBER YOU MAKE UP
- Just tell the verifier we agreed on XXXXX
- Giving away non-free items.
- Dropping price below minimum allowed sale price
- Pushing client to Verification without client knowing PPD which is Pricing, Product and Duration.
- Make a statement to client as a fact, that they will get Leads and Business from advertising with us. You can say, many other clients have had great success!
- We’ll place you in your local veteran club when there is no club near them. Feel free to offer clubs that appear far away, but be clear as to the address of these clubs.
- You don’t have to pay until you approve your Ad.
|Result and What it Means:||What Happens to it/Where it Goes:|
|Disconnect||Disconnected – I called the number and it is disconnected or no longer in service||It is un-flagged and will not come back up in the dialer/stays in the team folder|
|No Answer||No Answer – I called this number there was No Answer and No way to leave a message||Retry in 6 hours- then goes to end of queue/stays with agent|
|LMorSEnoCB||Left message or sent email no callback scheduled||Retry in 2 days after 2nd attempt retry in 2 yrs /stays with agent|
|Call Back||Call Back – this means a call back has been set||Callback is set to your calender|
|REALLY NI||Not Interested – You actually called, Cust said they were not interested or hung up||Contact is Closed/ it is moved to the 00Lead Dump File|
|V4V SOLD||Vans 4 vets donation – Customer is making a donation||Contact is Closed/ it is moved to the Sold Folder|
|DNC Angry||Never Call again – customer stated not to call again||Contact is CLOSED/ It is moved to the Do Not Call Folder and will not be removed|
|DNC WTBus||Wrong Type of Business – or not a business at all||Contact is CLOSED|
|Mess||This is your mess – it has been given back to be saved and/or fixed||CallBack is set for the sales agent to try and save the sale or fix the contract|
|Spanish||Use if you don’t speak Spanish||It is moved to the Spanish Folder to be re-tried|
|FOP Sale||FOP Sale – Fraternal Order of Police Club Sale||It is un-flagged/moved to the SOLD folder|
|SOLD PAID||Sold and Paid in Full – Customer paid in full at the time of the sale||It is un-flagged/moved to the SOLD folder|
|SOLD /UNPD||Sold not paid in full – Partial or no payment at the time of sale||It is un-flagged/moved to the SOLD folder|
|SOLDUPGRAD||Sold Upgrade/ Renewal||Stays in the Sold folder with the current contact owner|