What’s this call about?
- It’s about having you available to VETERANS or FIRST RESPONDERS in your area who is showing an interest your service. Give me a second and I will get my project manager on the phone. (TRANFER THE CALL)
What do you do?
- I’m reaching out to businesses in the area that offer discounts for VETERANS or FIRST RESPONDERS to have available when they go online and look for your service. Let me connect you so to my manager so he can explain the details. (TRANSFER THE CALL)
Do I have to pay for this?
- That’s a good question and my project specialist/manager can fill you in on all the information regarding the project. Give me half a second. (TRANSFER THE CALL)
Where did you get my number?
- Refer to original pitch (looking for someone to be available……)
- “Hey, I understand, (customer name). I’ll tell you what, what’s a good email that I can send you some info to, so you can see what we’re trying to do in black and white.” (Remember: When pitching realtors and loan officers that are confrontational, first, revert to the original pitch. (Be transparent.)
(BD DEFLECTION STATEMENTS TO USE)
Deflection Statements- (EFFECTIVE FOR GATE KEEPERS)
- The call is about LOCAL VETERAN or FIRST RESPONDER discounts is the owner available? Or is now not a good time?
- I’m looking for someone in _____________ that offers discounts or incentives for VETERANS or FIRST RESPONDERS That’s you right? Who’s the owner or decision maker?
- I work for a company called HEROES NEWS NETWORK which is a veteran owned Public Benefit Corporation. We’re looking for a good ________ to work with. Is the OWNER OR CONTACT NAME available to speak to about my project?
I’m not interested
- Well________, would you mind if I followed up with you in a couple of months to see how you’re doing? Great! I’ll schedule a callback in a few months.
Who’s your manager?
- (Gatekeeper) Do you have an email address available so I can send you some information?
- (Owner) I have several managers, let me find out which one of my managers is available. Give me a second. Transfer.
Do you sell leads?
- No. What we do is connect VETERANS or FIRST RESPONDERS to local businesses. Give me a second while I get my manager on the line so he can fill you in on the details. Transfer.
- No. My manager has me reaching out to you because we’re looking for a good ______ to have available in ______ for VETERANS or FIRST RESPONDERS looking for your services. Is this something you can handle? Would this help you out? Give me a second while I get my manager on the phone so he can fill you in on the details. Transfer.